1.30.2011

Nod to the Salty Tart

Salty Tart store front

. No baking plans today, so I figured I would take this chance to introduce my all time favorite bakery: the Salty Tart.  This small bakery, located in Midtown in Minneapolis, MN, is owned by Michelle Gayer, the most outgoing, genuine, and passionate baker I have had the pleasure of meeting.  Words can't even describe the deliciousness that comes out of her kitchen.  Believe me, I've taken every chance to promote her bakery to anyone and everyone I know.  "You need desserts?  Hellooo, Salty Tart!"  So how do I know of this little gem?  Long and random story, but I was fortunate enough to intern at the bakery a few summers back and my life has never been the same.  Once you're introduced to the finer things in life, you can't really ever go back.

What are some of my favorites, you ask?  It's hard to say because there is nothing, literally nothing, that you wouldn't die for when it comes to this place.  But from my short stint at the Salty Tart, I absolutely fell in love with the Pastry Cream-Filled Brioche and the Sour Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Just thinking about them makes me want to make the 6-hour drive back home and head straight to the Global Market.  My mouth is watering.

Pastry Cream-filled Brioche

The wonderful thing about this bakery, however, is the array of goodies they make from scratch each and every day.  Homemade breads, UNREAL sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes, tarts...you name it, they have it!  Have I mentioned the gorgeous wedding cakes?!  Don't think for a second that I haven't mentioned those to EVERY newly engaged couple I've come across!  I could probably go on for the rest of the day raving about this place, but it's one of those things that you have to try for yourself.  And you won't regret it.  I've already noticed the increasing publicity Michelle and the Salty Tart have received, it's only a matter of time until they have completely taken over Minnesota (if they haven't already!) .

Follow them on Facebook and Twitter to get updates on all of their special goodies! .

3 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love this!! I can't wait to recreate some of the recipes you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have such a fun blog!! I recommend: Bites & Bliss, Carrots-N-Cake, The Hungry Runner Girl, Food to Run For to name a few of ones I am following.

    Start commenting on other blogs and you will have followers and find blogs you love in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place sounds awesome and delicious! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: