Yes, the Foamers are now 5-0! Last week we won with a whopping score of 10-7 [no thanks to me...] and I couldn't be more proud of our little railroading squad.
But instead of contributing some decent softball play, I decided to leave any skills of mine behind and just bring treats. Yes, I still played in the game but I basically could have not been there and had the same effect. Oh well, maybe next week. But, I did bring some awesome goodies for everyone to chomp on after our victory. Peanut Butter Sandwich Dips to be exact, and they are scruuumptious!
Peanut Butter and chocolate? Yes, please! And I think the Foamers agreed with me. These little cookie sandwiches are a classic amped up just a bit with the help of a [generous] dose of creamy filling and a dip in some melted chocolatey chocolate. The cookies themselves are spot on, that crumbly, melt-in-your-mouth type of cookie. The filling? More peanut buttery goodness. And the chocolate simply rounds out the treat to a 'T.' A 'T' I tell ya.
Wish us luck at our game tonight and that my goodies for this week turned out! .
- I realize a teaspoon of dough per cookie sounds like nothing but it was the perfect amount since there's two cookies, filling, and chocolate per serving. And I also didn't feel bad taking seconds.
- My bowl wasn't deep enough to get the entire halves of the cookie coated in chocolate, so I used a little spoon to get chocolate where I wanted. Just a tip!
- After dipping the cookies in chocolate, place on parchment or wax paper to let set. I let them set on my wire racks and ended up having to rip off a couple of the sandwiches because they got stuck. Not good.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and egg until smooth.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Transfer cookies to wire racks to let cool.
5. For the filling, combine powdered sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
7. For chocolate dip, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil, stirring after 30 second intervals until melted. Dip one half of each cookie sandwich into chocolate mixture, letting the excess drip off.
9. Refrigerate cookie sandwiches on wax paper until set.
Yield: 3 dozen sandwich cookies