2.16.2012

Pina Colada Dip

.  Hello all!  I hope everyone had a wonderfully romantic Valentine's Day.  Well, for those of you who wanted a romantic night, I guess.  My V-Day was actually much more exciting than I planned, but that's always a good thing!  So a week ago, I decided I needed to do something extra special for Robbie, I had to top last year's V-Day surprise.  Now, if you know Robbie, you know that he hates surprises.  He hates attention.  So guess what his wonderful girlfriend had to do?  Mmhmm, I had to completely embarrass him to show him just how much I love him.  That's logical, right?


So long story short, I showed up at Robbie's work [with a cheesy bear, caramel apple, and box of chocolates in hand] and took embarrassment to a brand new level.  Not only did we end up having the entire office staring at us, but I got the tomato-red face and nervous chuckles galore from Robbie.  It was utterly embarrassing for us both but it was easily one of the best moments of our relationship.  I'll never forget his adorable face as he smiled to the room in humiliation.  In the end, he admitted he was happy to see me [thank goodness], but tried to make me promise to never do it again.  I had my fingers crossed though.


So now that V-Day is over and I'm guessing many of you have had your fair share of chocolate candy [I know we have!], I figured this would be a good time to pass out a fruity recipe: Piña Colada Dip.  I hesitate to call it 'light' because let's be honest, it's not exactly healthy.  But the fruity-ness of the dish is outrageously refreshing and seriously addicting.  I could have easily eaten this dip entirely by myself but since I made this for our guests at our Mexi-themed Super Bowl gathering, I did leave a spoonful or two for everyone else.  I'm such a great host.  I served this dip with Vanilla Wafers and fresh strawberries, which I absolutely loved both.  But you can also serve this recipe with a variety of accompaniments, such as graham crackers, pineapple slices, angel food cake pieces, etc.  You get the point.  Have at 'er!  .



Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut

Various fruits, crackers, or cakes to serve

Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme until fluffy.
  2. Fold in pineapple and coconut.  Cover and chill until ready to serve.

20 comments:

  1. Jess
    Glad you had a fun Valentine’s Day!
    Your Pina Colada Dip looks yummy, especially with the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Robyn Aww thanks, hope you had a wonderful V-Day as well!

    This dip is amazing, definitely in my top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make this, it looks wonderful! Just need some fluff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a bit of a thing with coconut lately, so this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks scrumptious Jess! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers I highly suggest you get that fluff ;) This dip is so incredibly easy and you'll want to eat every last bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rachel You will LOVE this then, the combination of coconut and pineapple chunks is so tropical and refreshing. Let me know if you make this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to try this dip!! Thanks for joining us on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you come back next Saturday. We would love to have you share more wonderful recipes! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this looks so good! I made one similar recently, but it didn't take marshmallow cream. It's so good with fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, the strawberries were fabulous! I also took it one step further and combined the dip with the strawberries AND vanilla wafers. Kind of like a little shortcake! Kind of :)

      Delete
  10. I am pinning and making this dip!!! I saw your yummy share at Naptime Creations - Tasty Tuesdays, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to following you - off to check out your blog! Cheers ~ Mary (sweetlittlebluebird.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear if you try out this dip!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for linking this up in Mommy Solutions the past week. I'm featuring you on my Facebook page. Are you on Facebook? IF so, stop over :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crystal-Co/188484568601 So yummy!

    Crystal
    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/02/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-32/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up...this is being featured today at {Junk in their Trunk}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking up this wonderful post in Mommy Solutions last week! Congrats on being my #3 most clicked link! That is wonderful! I'm featuring you on my blog post for the new link up

    I'm featuring you on my blog post for the new link up ... and of course it gets posted on twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!

    Have a super week and stop on over and link up something else. I love reading your blog.

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/02/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-33

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  14. if anyone else is doing WW its, 3 pts a serving

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks amazing! I can't wait to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS amazing! I'd love to hear if you end up making this :)

      Delete
  16. This looks really great! My Husband LOVES pina colada... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, then he will love this dip. And you can serve it with a variety of things, have fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: