11.19.2012

Secret Recipe Club: Apple Cinnamon Truffles

.  Dang SRC, you one upped yourself this month.

Truly.

Before I get into these luscious, creamy truffles you see before you, I must first talk about my November assignment: Mother Thyme.


For you bloggers, you know the blogs you 'favorite' and religiously follow?  Those blogs that in your mind you say 'one day, I'll have a blog like theirs...maybe.'  Well Mother Thyme, created by Jennifer, is one of those blogs for me.  Gorgeous pictures, slideshows, and organization like none other.  I kind of think only fellow bloggers can appreciate all of the techno things we find on certain blogs, knowing that so much effort goes into the smallest of things.  But bringing your idea to fruition is truly one of the greatest rewards.  And Mother Thyme is doing it right.

But to back up that lovely interface, Mother Thyme is crankin' out a variety of quality recipes, both savory and sweet!  Oh and guess what, she also has a cookbook!  Now that's legit, huh?

 
So no one should be shocked that I absolutely fell. in. love with these Apple Cinnamon Truffles.  First, how cute are they?!  But I'd like to let you know that they taste even better than they look.  Or sound, for that matter.  They are unreal!  For reals.

Let's start with the innards [probably not a great food descriptor but we'll go with it].  Smooth, creamy, apple delishness finished with a Fall-ey hint of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Uh, yum.  But to round the treat out, the apple [slightly] cinnamon filling is encased in a cinnamon white chocolate coating.  A super cinnamoney coating, to be exact.  And it all merries together just right.  

And to make these truffles even more appealing is the fact that the are stupid easy to put together.   In no time flat, you'll have an impressive [no bake] treat to go around the room.  And with all of the Thanksgiving craziness, who isn't looking for a dessert just like that?!  Well you are, trust me.


So once again, thank you SRC and especially Mother Thyme, for broadening my dessert spread. I can't wait to share these luscious truffles with family and friends, and I know they'll love me for it when I do!  I'll give you some cred though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving week, I personally can't wait to eat my little heart out!  Now get bakin'!  .


From Mother Thyme

Ingredients:
1 package Golden Oreos
6 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 c. chunky applesauce
2-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
10 oz. white chocolate baking bar (for melting)

Directions:
  1. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
  2. Break up Oreo cookies and place in a food processor.  Pulse until cookies are finely crushed.  Transfer to a large bowl and mix with cream cheese, applesauce, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined [you can use a spatula but I found it easiest to just use my hands].
  3. Roll filling into about 1/2 tablespoon balls and place on lined baking sheet.  Chill in refrigerator 15 minutes or until firm.
  4. Melt chocolate as directed on package.  Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon.  One by one, roll balls in chocolate and place back on lined baking sheet to cool.  Once all are done, place in refrigerator to set chocolate.
Yield: 3 dozen truffles

post signature

12 comments:

  1. apple cinnamon truffles? OMG they are like mini apple pie bites! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These sounds absolutely amazing and so different from everything I've seen out there. I would love them. Can't wait to make them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the kinds words you said. You are so sweet! It truly means a lot. You made my day! So glad you tried these truffles. They are so fun and easy to make! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your truffles look great and I agree Jennifer's blog is one of the best! I'm so glad that these truffles found their way from her blog to yours. We need to keep spreading the word about how wonderful (and easy!) they are! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool recipe! It's the neatest adaptation of Oreo Truffle ever! They do sound heavenly and boy I hope to try them this winter--they'd make great gifts. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh truffle heaven! Truffles must have been in the air this month, there were three of us who made them. I'm more of a fan of savory stuff so I think the apples and cinnamon would be right up my ally! Now that I'm over the making the truffle for the first time hump, I'm ready to tackle more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so delicious! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so tasty, I can't believe they're made with Oreos! I never have Oreos around, but this might be occasion to get a package. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No bake? How cool is that? These sound delish! And I'm going to have to go check out Mother Thyme after your rave review. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i made truffles for the first time this week (for the GREAT FOOD BLOGGER COOKIE SWAP) - and it was SHOCKING how easy it was to put together. classy, tasty, sweet and impressive. yours look fantastic!!

    happy src reveal to you my friend from a fellow group c member. xo, kristy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jess! How have you been? You've done it to me again. My gosh. These look absolutely fantastic. You always amaze me with your beautiful creations. Its overdue. I'm featuring you this week at Thriving on Thursdays! Have a great week!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These were amazing! Thanks for sharing your goodies post-race!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: