2.15.2011

Tried & True Tuesday: The Debut

As we all know, finding time to for yourself is rather hard during the week.  Work just really gets in the way sometimes!

Since I don't have the time I'd like to dedicate to baking, I thought up a way to still be able to share the recipes I've tested out since I began churning out desserts.  And I have to say, I've tried out A LOT of goodies, way too many for me to catch up on here.  So this seems like the perfect solution!  Please welcome....

Tried & True Tuesdays!

I've decided that every Tuesday, I'll post a recipe that I've made in the past.  Ones that have left a mark on my ♥.  Ones that will give you that have-to urge to get in the kitchen!  Well...hopefully.

So for my first Tried & True recipe, I'm dishing out a super simple, quick, and unbelievably tasty treat:  Cherry Pecan Bread from Awful Annie's Restaurant recipe collection.  As I mentioned before, most of us might not have the time during the week to whip up some extravagant dessert but we all have those cravings that we can't ignore.  This bread isn't exactly a 'dessert' per say, but it's a great snack to have on the counter for everyone (and yourself, duh).  The loaf itself is moist, buttery and studded with yummy cherries and pecans.  Store it in an airtight container and the bread will last all week (unless you find yourself snagging bites here and there, not that I know from experience or anything).

Lastly, if there are ANY goodies that you've seen from my Facebook pictures and would like the recipe, leave a comment here and I will get it up ASAP.  It's what this blog is all about, right?!

And now for Cherry Pecan Bread.  Don't enjoy it too much...

Cherry Pecan Bread


Ingredients:
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. Maraschino or dried cherries, chopped

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350°F.  Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.  Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in medium-sized bowl.
  2. In large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.  
  3. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to wet ingredients.  Beat just until blended after each addition.  Fold in pecans and cherries.
  4. Turn batter into pan.  Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  
Yield: 1 loaf

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I made this bread for work and it went over great! I used dried cherries, they had a bit of a tart taste to them, great contrast to the bread, I thought they were perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: