7.31.2012

TWD Baking with Julia: Blueberry Nectarine Pie


.  This is an exciting one and I want to get right into it.

Tuesdays with Dorie has done me in again.  And I loved every bite of it.

Let's be real, this Blueberry Nectarine Pie [that you're hopefully drooling over right now] is easily one of the best pies I've made and probably ever tasted.  No joke.  After making this, and devouring most of it by my lonesome [because I wouldn't share with anyone else], I realized how much I love pies.  I mean, I've always known it.  But this pie just solidified it.  Sorry all you other treats.


Ha, I guess that's all I really have to say.  And it's basically all you need to know.  If you don't, at the bare minimum, at least bookmark/pin this recipe, you are doing your taste buds a disservice.  And who would ever want to do that?

Well...I guess I could at least try to begin describing what it is that I can't stop talking about.  And anyone who's been around in me in the last week knows I haven't stopped talking about this pie.  Sorry friends.

First, top two pie crust EVER.  If you ever read my Bumbleberry Pie post, then you know that I thought that crust was to die for.  But this crust gives my former favorite recipe a run for its money [or butter...har, har].  This crust is so dang flakey it's ridiculous.  A slight touch with the fork sends this buttery crust softly falling atop the blueberry-nectarine filling deliciousness that I could have eaten by the spoonful.  Oh wait... I did that.

I mean really, who can deny a carby, buttery, flakey pie crust paired with a refreshingly juicy fruit filling?  Because if you slap something like that in front of me, I have no chance.  Willpower goes straight out the window.  I'll thank my mom and her sweet tooth for that ☺


So by now you shouldn't need any prompting, but head on over to our hosts for this month, Manchego's Kitchen and That Skinny Chick Can Bake, for the Blueberry Nectarine Pie recipe.  And also check out all of the other TWD participants posts about this lovely summery pie. 

Thanks ladies for hosting, this is my favorite recipe thus far!  .

My Notes:
  • For those of you intimidated by pie crust making, this recipe is for you.  You might be able to tell from my picture that I added a bit too much water to my crust and for whatever reason, I didn't feel like fixing it (i.e., adding in a bit more flour).  So when I went to roll the crust, it completely stuck to the counter.  I literally had to scrap the dough off and piece it into the pie pan.  Not your most traditional method but it worked and the pie was still ah-mazing!
post signature

9 comments:

  1. wow.. you did it all right!!! its looking fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this was one of my favorite pies, too! Your crimping is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, you made one beautiful looking pie. The crust is just perfect and flaky and just the right color and the filling looks delicious and juicy and summery! Just wonderful!

    Thank you also for visiting my blog - I will make sure to take the time and enjoy some of your wonderful posts.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally understand why you're so in love with this pie. One picture and I'm literally leaning closer to the computer for a better look. Your pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pie, for sure. As much as I love chocolate and chocolate desserts, I have to admit, I love pie, too. Like enough that it's really dangerous for me to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pie you made!
    I can smell the scent of it just while looking at your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fantastic pie recipe - loved the thickening method, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday! You are going to be featured in the round up tomorrow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: