8.27.2012

Nutella Cloud Cupcakes

.  This will be my only post for the week because Robbie and I are headed to Colorado this weekend for a wedding and some much needed time in the mountains.  Okay, not really needed  but you know what I mean.  Beautiful forests, crisp mountain air, and endless hikes with our puppies are all we need to have a wonderful time.  Not asking too much, is it?

So because we'll be gone, I figured I'd leave you with a recently discovered extra special recipe, which just happened to jump to one of the top goodies I've ever made.  No.  Doubt.  About.  It.


I first made these per a request from a coworker who needed a treat to pass out during a charity event at work.  I went with these cupcakes because A) everyone likes cupcakes, B) almost everyone likes chocolate, and C) no one can pass up Nutella.  Am I right or am I right?  And not to toot my own horn, but these dang things were a hit.  So much so that [I kid you not] I had coworkers I'd never even met calling my desk to get the recipe.  These cupcakes are that impressive.

The chocolate cupcakes are honestly the best quality chocolate cupcakes I've had the pleasure of making.  They're richly chocolately, , yet moist at the same time.  But what I know you've never had is this frosting, which has been repeatedly described as cloud-like.  Hence, the name.  Uh, okay, how is that not tempting?  This Nutella Frosting is like no other frosting I've ever had.  It's flavored with a subtle hint of Nutella and absolutely melts away as you bite into the cupcake.  I'll go ahead and compare it to a ridiculously light and soft mousse, I guess.  Yep, that's it.


Oh and if you can tell from the pictures, I had a blasty blast piping this frosting.  I love the look of bakery piping but have never been able to replicate.  But this frosting let's me do it with ease.  Into my keeping-forever-recipes this goes!

Well I hope everyone has a lovely week, we'll be busy getting ready for the coming weekend but I know Robbie and I are both too excited to get back to the mountains.  And even though these pictures aren't too great [I was in a bit of a rush!] and my description by no means does these cupcakes justice, I'm begging you to make these ASAP.   They are to die for and even prompted Robbie to ask me to make these twice.  Which he never does!  Enough said.


And because I wouldn't have dared to change the recipe, I'm directing you to Sweetapolita where the recipe originated.  What a saint ☺ .

post signature

11 comments:

  1. I will have to try these, Nutella is Christo's FAVORITE! Like he eats it with a spoon! haha Have a great time in CO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha great minds think alike! Seriously, I can't keep Nutella around because I eat it all. Let me know if you try these!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely trying these, too. just attempted a disappointing Nutella cookie recipe, so I need a win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with these!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Those look soooo good. Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love Nutella! Grew up on it! It's so cool to see all these recipes created with it. These cupcakes look amazing and I will have to try them soon!

    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy how Nutella has taken the world by storm in the last few years! My neighbor growing up introduced Nutella to us so I was amazed to find out later on how many people didn't know what it was!

      Delete
  6. Oh, Lord! I love Nutella! These look sooo good. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from The Stuff of Success. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-14.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @theDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: