Some major changes have been going on in my life as of late. Nothing I care to talk about at the moment, but it fully explains my extended hiatus from LSM and the blogging world. I realize I've been alluding to this for the past several months but you'll just have to bear with me. Sooner, rather than later, I'll get back into some sort of routine and I'll be back raring to go. Trust me, it's been eating away at me that I haven't been able to get in the kitchen. And now more than ever I could really use that baking stress relief. But patience is a virtue, right?
However, in true Jess fashion, I did manage to squeeze in a quick baking sesh last week in honor of one of my co-workers. A few months ago, my co-worker made a bet with a buddy of his to see who could lose the most weight by the New Year. Honestly, I give him props. I could never do the diet thing because I would be the most crabby person on Earth. My family refers to it as 'low blood sugars.' I don't know what they're talking about though [wink, wink].
Anywho, my co-worker pulled out the mighty win and promptly requested a baked goodie for his efforts. And he knew exactly what he wanted. I mean, what better way to celebrate a victory than with a bar layered with all of the most wonderful ingredients one can find in the baking aisle? Count me in!
Whether you call them Magic, Bars, 7-Layer Bars, or a combination of the two, these bars are legit. Simply the most addicting, classic bars you will find. And when I say seven layers, I mean seven layers. One after the other. Let's count them, shall we?
Graham Cracker Crust 
Semisweet Chocolate Chips 
White Chocolate Chips 
Butterscotch Chips 
Shredded Toasted Coconut 
Sweetened Condensed Milk 
If that isn't convincing, then...you're just SOL, huh? Just kidding. But you won't regret this one. And whadda ya know, they're easy peasy. Basically a sprinkling of ingredients and into the oven they go. You're welcome!
Until my next post, but who knows when that will be .
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
1 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1-1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. butterscotch chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- Place oven rack in lower middle position. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spread coconut evenly on a baking sheet. Bake 4 minutes or just until outside edges begin to brown. Set aside.
- Melt butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl. Press crumbs evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- In order, sprinkle walnuts, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut in even layers. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over layers.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan before cutting (about 2 hours).
Yield: 2 dozen bars