1.26.2013

My Best Fraaaaan and Eggnog Truffles

So...guess what?

I can barely sit still in my seat long enough to type out this post.  And you wanna know why?


Because my BEST FRIEND in the whole entire world [I sound like I'm 5] is visiting me in Omaha.  And yes, I've been counting down the days until her arrival.  I was that pumped.

Obviously you will not hear from me for the rest of the weekend because we shall be too busy catching up on anything and everything.  And having a grand time while doing so.  We always have too much fun together so who knows what the next couple of days will bring.


So since this is a short and sweet post, I figured this would be a great opportunity to leave you with a recipe that is just as short and even sweeter.  I made these Eggnog Truffles while I was in Washington for Christmas and I really can't believe I haven't gotten these out to you sooner.  I'm slowly, but very surely, becoming a truffle addict.  I seriously love them in all of their rich, creamy glory.  And I'm an eggnog fanatic, so needless to say these are one of my favorite truffles to date. 

Which brings me to a rather ironic point: these truffles don't contain any eggnog.  Nope.  Not a drop.  Rather, they're perfectly flavored by white chocolate and those crucial eggnog spices.  I kid you not.  Craziness, huh?  No one could believe they didn't have any eggnog in them!


Anywho, I must get going.  Have a wonderful weekend! I know we will!!  .

Adapted from Taste and Tell
  
Ingredients:
2 lbs. white baking chocolate
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. imitation rum extract

Directions:
  1.  Melt 1 pound of the white chocolate according to the package directions.  In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, nutmeg, and rum extract until smooth.  Add in melted white chocolate and beat until smooth.  Cover and refrigerate mixture until firm (about 4 hours).
  2. Shape the mixture into balls (size depends on how big or small you'd like; I used a very scant teaspoonful).  Place balls on a wax-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until firm.
  3. Melt the remaining 1 pound of white chocolate in a large bowl.  Using two spoons, dip each truffle in the chocolate and place back onto the lined baking sheet to dry.  Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
Yield: 3 dozen truffles

post signature

2 comments:

  1. These sound super good! My hubby loves eggnog, so I know he'd like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess! I found you over at Mix it up Monday's link party. These truffles sound amazing and I'm not a big egg nog fan, but I will try them because there's no egg nog in them! I'm a new follower on Pinterest and Twitter! Hope you had a great time with your girlfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: