Mmhmm, you guessed it! The Knight's family recipe for Classic Pumpkin Bread.
So consider yourself lucky that I was given permission to share this recipe with you all. It yields three loaves, so you can precede to share the love with everyone you know! .
- To add a little variation, you can also add in 1 cup of chocolate chips or raisins [or 1/2 cup of both!].
- I don't know about you, but I definitely only have one loaf pan. Since I'm guessing most don't have three, don't worry about leaving the batter out while the others loaves bake. Just make sure to cover the bowl so nothing gets in it.
- Like banana bread, this loaf is best a day or two later when all of the flavors have time to come together. So don't worry about making this ahead of schedule!
From Mrs. Knight's Kitchen ☺
3 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
2/3 c. water
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
3-1/3 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease three 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Yield: 3 loaves