12.29.2011

The 2011 Rewind

Wow.  Can you believe that 2011 has come and gone already?  I can't.  Where did the year go?  It seems like just yesterday I came up with the name for this very blog, brainstorming ideas on the couch with Robbie.  And that's another thing.  Have I really been blogging for just about a year now?  Ha, crazy thought.  I will say that within this last year, I have learned quite a bit about the blogging world though.  The do's and do not's, what constitutes as a pretty picture [I obviously need some lessons in this department], or how to get my posts out there and gain some popularity [again, I need help with this]!  But all in all, it's been a year of changes and growth for Life's Simple Measures [and myself], a journey that I have thoroughly enjoyed. 

I thought it would be fun to do a little recap, providing a list of eleven [for 2011] of my favorite recipes that have been posted this year.  You can see on the right of the blog the most popular posts for the last month, and which have generally been the most popular period, but there are a few of my personal favorites that didn't quite get the attention I feel they deserve.  So, for 2011, here's my 'must-bake' compilation for each and everyone of my beloved readers.  I highly suggest ringin' in the New Year with one [or many] of these goodies.  Happy clicking!  .

A moist cupcake filled with banana, pineapple, and pecans, and adorned with a rich cream cheese frosting.


No picture for this one, because why?  Because this post is entirely videos!  Robbie made a FABULOUS Redless Velvet Cake for my birthday this last year and we had an absolute blast taping it all, so I had to include it in my list.  Check it out!

One of my most absolute favorite breads, this recipe is always fantastic.  Not difficult whatsoever, all it needs is a little TLC.


The most beautiful pie I have made to date [and not to mention, ridiculously easy!].  A buttery, flakey pie crust encases all of the berries of the world: raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, blueberries, apples and rhubarb.


TheseAreDivine.  They take a little time but are SO very worth it.  A chocolatey mini cupcake surrounds a homemade soft and chewy salted caramel and is then finished with a dark chocolate frosting.  They remind me of giant Rolos!


A personal favorite because this creation uses a family sweet dough roll recipe!  Seriously, these are phenom.  Soft and fluffy rolls filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture and burst of tart blueberries.  The treat is then slathered with a smooth cream cheese frosting.


Loved this.  A very pleasant suprise as well.  This goodie starts with a soft cake topped with a sweet cream cheese layer, topped with sweet and tart blackberries, and THEN finished with a fabulous streusel.  Four layer of heaven.


One of my first SRC posts and probably the most memorable.  Don't get me wrong, they've ALL been beyond fabulous but this recipe really takes the cake.  The Danish Puff is a simple pate a choux dough sitting atop a shortbread-like base, with a generous drizzle of simple icing and finised with toasted walnuts.  A real beaut.


A true favorite of both myself and readers!  These bars are indescrible, but I'll try.  The bars themselves are ridiculously moist, you'll see fingerprints in them they're that moist.  And to take them over the edge, they're paired with an unbelievable maple cream cheese frosting.  Yes, you read right.


Yum.  A fall favorite.  The dough is flakey and buttery, filled with a mixture of apples and apple butter.  Truly simple yet so delicious.


I don't make many things twice, but this fudge has graced our presence on more than one occassion and been devoured the moment I set the plate out.  Rich, rich, and rich fudge studded with tart cherries and toasted walnuts.  Indulge.



This year had me tasting [way too many] outrageous treats as you can see and I know this next year will be no exception.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read Life's Simple Measures and following me through this crazy blogging journey.  I can't wait to see what 2012 brings!

17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jess!

    Robyn
    http:theranchwifechronicles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is a list of some yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks good! Thanks for sharing your top recipes on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those all look great, I really want to try the pumpkin bars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your recipes look truly fantastic! Happy new year! Here's to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, all those look so good. I love the year in reviews because I'm new to so many blogs, that way I can see what everyone made before I started reading! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all beautiful and simply inviting dishes/treats. Happy New Year and best wishes for 2012

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower! I just discovered your blog via Domesblissity and I'm so glad I followed the link. :) Now I just need to get caught up.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such yummy recipes! Thanks you so much for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We would love to have you come back next Saturday and share more of your incredible ideas. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word! I'm drooling up a storm right now - these all look amazing!

    Stopping by from Sweet Treat Tuesday ~ following for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anonymous Aw, how nice of you! Thanks so much, hope your 2012 is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Cindy Thank you! It was really fun putting it together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more Ugh, I HIGHLY recommend that you do! Those are one of my all time, absolute favorites. They are basically perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Rachel @ The Avid Appetite Thank you, happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Simply Tia Thank you so much for the sweet comment, wishing you the best in 2012 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Rachel Thank you so incredibly much for stopping by and for the add, I genuinely appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Sarah E. Oh awesome! Thanks so much for the add and for stopping by, I'm truly flattered!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: